Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council

Skip Navigation | Access Keys | Graphics Mode | Cymraeg
Help | Search | A to Z | Contact Us | FAQ

Home | Residents | Business | Visitors

Births, Deaths and Marriages | Business | Council, Democracy & Elections | Council Tax | Flooding and Severe Weather | Health and Social Care | Housing and Benefits | Jobs | Leisure, Parks and Culture | Libraries | Litter, Street Care, Cleaning | Parking, Roads and Travel | Pests, Pollution, Food Hygiene | Planning and Building Control | Recycling and Waste | Regeneration | Schools, Education and Youth

| Homecare and Community Meals
| Homecare Info Leaflets

Home Page > Health and Social Care > Social Services > Adults & Older People > Support in Your Own Home > Homecare


If you need some help at home with day to day living, Homecare may be able to help you. We can offer a care service that is tailored to your needs.

What sort of help can I get?

We could provide you with the following service, according to what you need:

Our service runs every day of the year. We can make evening and night-time visits when needed.

Is there a charge for Homecare?

Yes. There is a weekly charge for Homecare, based on how many hours of care you are getting, and how much money you have.

How do I apply for Homecare?

Contact the Gateway team, and ask for an assessment. This means talking to you about what help you need. We will also explain to you how we decide who can get Homecare.

If we feel that our services will help you, we will work with you to write a plan saying what care services you will be getting, and when.

Who provides Homecare?

Your Homecare will be provided by one or more paid Care Assistants. They may be managed directly by Social Services, or may work for a private or voluntary organisation on our behalf.

You can also buy care directly from a private or voluntary organisation, without going through Social Services.

What do I do next?

If you think that you would like to have Homecare or you just want to find out more, please contact us at your local Social Services Area Office. You can telephone us, write to us, or call in person.

If you prefer, ask someone else - a friend, relative or your doctor - to get in touch with us for you. If you are in hospital at the moment, ask the ward staff to contact the hospital social worker.

We can also give you information on other help available from Social Services, such as Day Care, support for carers, or Lifeline emergency telephones.


Page Details

Last Updated: 12.09.2016 at 12:09

Social Bookmarks

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Statement | Accessibility

Copyright 1996-2009 Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
Telephone : 01639 686868 - Fax : 01639 763444 - email :