Neath Port Talbot in Facts and Figures
Research and Information
Welcome to the Neath Port Talbot
Research and Information section. This section has information on
population projections, Census and commonly used key data such as
for education, health and the environment.
An introduction to Neath Port Talbot
- Neath Port Talbot covers an area of 44,217 hectares, rising
from sea level in the west to 600 meters at Craig y Llyn, above
- Neath Port Talbot is predominantly an upland area dissected by
the valleys of the Afan, Neath, Dulais and Tawe rivers which all
flow to the sea in Swansea Bay. These Valleys are separated from
each other by ridges of high forest or moorland.
- A narrow coastal strip extends around Swansea Bay where the
main centres of population are found.
- The surrounding valleys are rural in aspect with scattered
communities many of which still contain a significant number of
- The main urban centres are Neath, Port Talbot and
Last Updated: 21.11.2012 at 10:57