Policy for Infrastructure Asset Management
To contribute to Corporate and
Community Plan aims by maintaining and
improving the condition of the highway infrastructure.
Well-maintained roads and footpaths will assist in the enhancement
of the environment and assist residents and visitors alike to
pursue and enjoy safely the social, economic and leisure
opportunities within the community.
The Council has a statutory duty to ensure that its roads,
footways, byways, bridleways, bridges and culverts are maintained
in a safe condition appropriate to the volume and nature of
The Council will:
- Adopt a strategic approach to optimise the
allocation of resources for the management, operation and
preservation of the highway infrastructure.
- Work within CSS Wales guidelines on asset management where
- Seek to comply with the 'Code of Practice for Maintenance
- Create and maintain an inventory of
highway infrastructure assets.
- Undertake condition assessments of highway infrastructure
- Manage the assets using a 5 year rolling works programme
designed to maximise the benefit to the community.
- Adopt principles of Sustainable Development in all schemes
including lifecycle costing, where appropriate.
This policy has cross cutting themes and complements and
interlinks with the following Corporate
- Confident communities
- Community Leadership
This policy has links with the policies for :-
Last Updated: 21.05.2013 at 13:33