Policy for Speed Management
To contribute to the Corporate and
Community Plan aims, in particular,
better health and well-being, and improving environment and
transport. This will be achieved through managing vehicle speeds,
using appropriate measures to contribute to improved road safety
and accident reduction in the County Borough.
In pursuit of this we will do the following:-
appropriate speed limits on the Authority’s roads.
- Investigate Member and public representations about vehicle
- Consult with Members, the public and other appropriate
stakeholders on options for speed management measures at identified
- Initiate site specific investigations to determine the most
appropriate method of managing speed.
- Design site specific speed management measures which may
include advisory speed limits, bar markings, speed humps, raised
junctions, chicanes, pinch points etc.
- Carry out speed management works in accordance with prioritised
- Work within the South Wales Area Safety Camera
- Submit bids to the Speed Camera Partnership for the
implementation of new sites and visit frequency, where national
criteria are met.
The policy has cross cutting themes, and, complements and
interlinks with the following Corporate
Objectives and Policy Standards.
- Environment and Transport
- Crime and Disorder and Community Safety supporting the
disadvantaged and improving the quality of life.
- Better Health and Well-Being
Last Updated: 03.11.2008 at 12:50