Policy for Public Safety at Mine and Quarry Spoil Tips
To contribute to the Community Plan
aims of improving public safety by ensuring that mine and quarry
tips, by reason of instability, do not form a danger to members of
The Council will;
- Implement the Mines and Quarries (Tips) Act 1969 Part
2 as appropriate
- Monitor and inspect tips on a regular basis determined by the
Act according to category of tip.
- Liase with regulatory authorities on new or amended proposals
relating to tips.
- Advise the person responsible for the tip of potential problems
that may require investigation or remediation works.
- Take enforcement action to safeguard the public and use
emergency powers when necessary.
- Recharge the person responsible for the tip for any work
carried out under enforcement action.
- Keep records of inspections and condition of tips.
This policy has cross cutting themes that complement the
Corporate Objectives for:
- Community Safety
Last Updated: 13.10.2008 at 09:25