Hafod Residential Care Home
Hafod seeks to provide:
- A secure base for living
- Experiences to re-enforce individual self esteem
- Opportunities to exercise rights and choice
- A genuine voice in decision making within the home.
Hafod was opened in 1985 and refurbished in 2002.
- The home is divided into 5 units
- There are 38 single bedrooms
- Each with vanity units, shaver points, television aerial
- Door keys are provided for all bedrooms
- Living areas comprise of lounge with television
- Kitchen / dining area
- Residents are able to prepare drinks/snacks whenever they
- Each unit has 2 toilets
- One bathroom with necessary lifting equipment
- All rooms are connected to a personal staff call system
- Large communal lounge with licensed bar
- Smokers are accommodated in designated smoking areas
- Personal laundry service
- A weekly visit from the hairdresser.
One of the five units, ‘Chestnut’, provides specialist care for
8 mentally frail people. In order to do this there is a higher
staff ratio on the unit. All staff are trained and able to
encourage residents to live life an independently as possible as
well as support to relatives. There is on-going support from
professional staff at Tonna Hospital.
Health Care Available:
- Choice of local GP
- District Nurse service
- Chiropody service
- Optician service
- Dental service.
Where is Hafod Residential Care?
Situated off the centre of Neath, a short walk to the town. A
popular choice with older people in the area. The Day Centre is
within the building offering opportunity to meet up with people in
Last Updated: 17.03.2010 at 09:17