Community Legal Service
The Community Legal Service Partnership is made up of local
information and advice providers to support and help people with
problems about the law, legal services and general rights and
Why Seek Advice?
- As few as four out of ten people seek help or advice to deal
with their problems.
- Between 1.8 and 3 billion unclaimed in means tested
- 4 billion paid in unnecessary interest on consumer credit.
- 4.5 billion paid in inappropriate debt consolidation
How Can the CLS Help?
By offering professional advice and support to deal with
problems ranging from debt, benefit entitlement, housing, consumer
and sale of goods, education to family, domestic violence and
Will I Have to Pay?
- The majority of voluntary organisations in the Community Legal
Service offer free advice.
- The Community Legal Service Fund may also cover Solicitors
costs subject to financial eligibility and for those on low income
the advice may be free.
Where Can I Get Help?
There are a number of ways to find a suitable advice agency to
help deal with your problem
See Also: Further Information on Advice
Last Updated: 07.03.2013 at 10:20