How do I apply?
To apply to become a tenant at either of the schemes you will
need to complete a housing application
form, which can be downloaded from the Council’s website or
obtained from the following Council Offices:
- Housing Services, Civic Centre, Port Talbot SA13 1PJ - Tel
- Housing Services, Civic Centre, Neath SA11 3QZ - Tel 01639
- Housing Services, One Stop Shop, Holly St, Pontardawe SA8 4ET -
Tel 01792 860789
You can also contact Coastal Housing staff on any of the
following telephone numbers to discuss a potential
- Swansea and Neath Offices - Tel: 01792 479200
- Ysbryd y Môr Reception - Tel: 01639 897704
- Tŷ Twyn Teg Reception - Tel: 01639 639926
On receipt of your Application Form
- It will be checked to ensure the form has been completed fully
and that all required evidence has been provided (if all required
evidence has not been provided, it will not be possible to assess
your form and you will be informed of this in writing and advised
of the outstanding evidence which you will need to provide within a
- If all evidence has been provided and you are considered
eligible, you will be visited by an Area Housing Officer if you
live in the County Borough or alternatively be invited into one of
the Housing Offices for an interview.
- This process will usually take 28 days following the
- After the home visit/office interview you will receive a letter
advising you of your Category and points award.
- Vacancies at both complexes are allocated on a points order
basis based on the Lettings Policy of Neath Port Talbot
- When a vacancy arises an Allocation Panel made up of staff from
NPTCBC Housing Department, NPTCBC Social Services and Coastal
Housing Group willlook at the make up of the scheme and decide
whether an applicant with or without care will be required to
occupy the empty property..
Alternatively, you may wish to telephone the Contact and
Assessment Team (Tel no 01639 686802) and ask to speak to the duty
officer for older and disabled people. The Team can advise you on
options for care and support.
If you move into a flat in Ysbryd y Môr or a flat or bungalow at
Tŷ Twyn Teg, you would become a tenant of COASTAL Housing Group Ltd.,
a local registered social landlord.
The COASTAL Housing Group Ltd.
main office is in Wind Street, Swansea and there is also an area
office at Windsor Road, Neath Tel 01792 479200.
Last Updated: 20.08.2010 at 11:48