Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Building regulations approval

Guide to Extending your HomeTower for conversion, Jersey Marine

You will usually require Regulations Approval in the following cases:-

  • When you erect or extend a building, unless it is an exempt structure. If you require more information on these please Contact Building Control
  • When you materially alter a building e.g. carry out structural alterations or close up internal doorways or knocking down walls which has an effect on fire escape. 
  • When you extend or alter a controlled service within a building e.g. install a WC or heating system. 
  • When you want to change the building's fundamental use. This includes when the building is to be used as a dwelling, institution, hotel, boarding house or public building where it previously was not; or if the building is to contain a greater or lesser amount of dwellings than it did previously.
  • When self installing domestic replacement doors or windows using a Builder or window company not FENSA registered. Non-domestic windows/doors require an application.
  • When carrying out electrical work using an electrician who is not registered as a competent person.
  • When renovating a thermal element of a building or inserting insulation into a cavity wall.


Apply for building regulations approval

Please note.......The above is not an exhaustive list. If in doubt, Contact Building Control.