Due to the current outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK, the Licensing Authority is currently closed, please direct all communications to which officers will be monitoring during office hours.

Office Hours
Monday – Thursday   08:45 – 17:00
Friday  08:45 – 16:30

Please note that Tregelles Court is closed for arranged taxi testing, providing your vehicle has a valid MOT certificate then your vehicle will not be suspended.
Roads and Highways

Roads and Highways permits

Contact Licensing

Contact Licensing

Scrap Metal Dealers

Every scrap metal dealer is required to have a licence

Charitable Collections

To collect money for charitable purposes you require a permit or license

Street Trading

Apply for street trading consent.

Taxis & Private Hire Licensing

Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicles

Animal Licensing

Animal Licenses are required for a number of circumstances e.g. boarding, breeding, pet shops

Gambling & Lotteries

We issue certain gaming licences, permits & Temporary Use Notices

Alcohol and Entertainment

Information regarding Alcohol and Entertainment Licences