Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council offer a school uniform clothing grant to families to help support them with the cost of school clothing.
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council School Uniform Grant Scheme provides a grant of £105 to each pupil entering Year 7 of secondary school or attending a special school aged 11 at the start of the school year that are eligible for free school meals. Accordingly, children of families in receipt of the following will be eligible.
- Income Support/Employment Support Allowance (Income Related);
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance;
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190 (HM Revenue and Customs are responsible for assessing the level of annual income);
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit;
- Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit;
How to apply?
Closing date for applications is 26th October every year. Please download and complete the form below. Forms should be returned to:
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council,
School and Family Support Team,
Any queries please contact the Schools and Family Support Team on 01639 763515 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.