Welsh Government has introduced a PDG Access Grant. The purpose of which is to provide grant assistance to families on low incomes for the purchase of:
- School uniform including coats and shoes;
- School sports kit including footwear;
- Uniform for enrichment activities, including but not limited to, scouts; guides; cadets; martial arts; sports; performing arts or dance;
- Equipment e.g. school bags and stationery;
- Specialist equipment where new curriculum activities begin such as design and technology; and
- Equipment for out of school hour’s trips such as outdoor learning e.g. waterproofs.
IT equipment, such as mobile phones and ipads, are excluded from this funding.
Funding of up to £125, is available to pupils who are eligible for free school meals or are looked after by a Local Authority entering:
- Reception class of maintained primary schools in September 2018;
- Year 7 of maintained secondary schools in September 2018;
- pupils in special schools, special needs resource bases and pupil referral units who are aged 4 or aged 11in September 2018.
Children of families in receipt of the following are eligible to receive Free School Meals:-
- Income Support/Employment Support Allowance (Income Related);
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance;
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190 (HM Revenue and Customs are responsible for assessing the level of annual income);
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit;
- Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit;
- Universal Credit
How to apply?
Closing date for applications is 31st December 2018. Please download and complete the form below. Forms should be returned to:
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council,
School and Family Support Team,
Any queries please contact the Schools and Family Support Team on 01639 763515 or email: email@example.com.