The Welsh Government offer a school uniform clothing grant to families to help support them with the cost of school clothing.
The Welsh Government School Uniform Grant Scheme provides a grant of £105 to each pupil entering Year 7 of secondary school or attending a special school aged 11 at the start of the school year that are eligible for free school meals. Accordingly, children of families in receipt of the following will be eligible.
- Income Support (IS);
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA);
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual taxable income, that does not exceed £16,190;
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA(IR))
- Universal Credit.
How to apply?
Closing date for applications is 31st October every year. Please download and complete the form below. Forms should be returned to:
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council,
School and Family Support Team,
Any queries please contact the Schools and Family Support Team on 01639 763515 or email: email@example.com.
Please note Welsh Government have confirmed that with effect from March 2018, that the Welsh Government School Uniform Clothing Grant will no longer be available.