The Neath Port Talbot Young Carers Service offers a range of support to children and young people up to the age of 25, who have a caring role at home. This could be because of illness, disability, mental health or drug & alcohol misuse.
The project provides a tailored package of support that can include one to one youth work support, group work, information and advice, help to access other services, plus recreational opportunities that are just about having fun.
The Young Carers Service offers:-
- one to one youth work support that is bespoke to the individual young carer and best meets their needs;
- opportunities for young carers to take a break from their caring responsibilities, spend time with other young carers, learn and have fun;
- support for important transition periods, including the transition from young carers service to adult carers service.
- advocacy within schools, colleges and other relevant organisations so that professionals can better support the children and young people they work with;
- information, advice and assistance to the whole family to identify the services and support they need.
For further information about how to access the Young Cares Service, contact NPT Youth Service Families First team, Tel: 01639 763030 or Email: Emma Culleton, Senior Youth Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org