If you want to use any of our Household Waste and Recycling Centres with a van, pickup or a trailer, you'll need a permit.
A permit is not required for cars, jeeps or MPV's or single axle trailers
Van permits are to be used for household waste only. This does not include household construction waste which is chargeable.
Only waste from domestic properties can be disposed of using the van permit scheme.
Permits are valid for one day.
Day Permits (including hired vehicles)
A day permit may be granted if you intend using any sized van, trailer (with more than one axle), or hire/borrowed vehicle to transport your domestic waste to these centres.
The following information will be required when you apply for a permit:
- Your name, address and telephone number;
- The Vehicle Registration Number,
- Detailed description and origin of the items you intend to dispose of;
- The Household Waste and Recycling Centre you intend to use;
- Date you intend using the Household Waste and Recycling Centre.
You will be given a permit number which will be sent to the site together with the details you have given. You will also be asked to sign a declaration form at the site confirming all your details.