Vans, pick-ups and double axle trailers can access recycling centres at Briton Ferry and Cymmer. You must have booked a permit and allocated time slot.
Van permit guidance
- Single axle trailers can also access the recycling centres from the 13th July but permits are not required.
- A permit is not required for cars, jeeps (4x4s), camper vans, family type mini buses, MPV's, single axle trailers, or hire vans.
- Residents are allowed a maximum of 12 permits per year (from 1st April to 31st March the following year for all vans, pick-up vehicles and double axle trailers.
- ‘Tipper/ Flatbed' vans and large 7.5t vans are not allowed on site.
- Permits are valid for one booking slot. You will be required to take proof of residency/ID with you.
- Hire vans do not require a permit, however you will need to take the hire documents and proof of residency with you
- You must have booked a permit and allocated time slot
Pwllfawatkin recycling centre closure
Pwllfawatkin recycling centre closed on 31st March 2019. Residents are able to use the household waste recycling centre located on Bethel Road, Lower Cwmtwrch, SA9 2HW.
This site also operates a black bag sorting area - save time, make sure there are no recyclables in your black bags.
Further information regarding van permit applications for Lower Cwmtwrch can be found on the Powys website
The following information will be required when you apply for a permit:
- Your name, address and telephone number;
- The Vehicle Registration Number,
- Detailed description and origin of the items you intend to dispose of;
- The Household Waste and Recycling Centre you intend to use;
- Date you intend using the Household Waste and Recycling Centre.
You will be given a permit number which will be sent to the site together with the details you have given. You will also be asked to sign a declaration form at the site confirming all your details.