In an attempt to urge residents to exclude used batteries from their household waste and recycle them instead, the Council has provided battery collection banks at:
- Civic Centre reception areas in Port Talbot and Neath,
- Port Talbot Central Library,
- The One Stop Shop at Pontardawe,
- New Sandfields Aberavon Local Action Centre
- Visitors’ centres at Margam Park, Gnoll Park and Afan Forest Park.
Household batteries can also be taken to the Council’s Household Waste and Recycling Centres at Briton Ferry, Cymmer and Pontardawe where established facilities for all types of hazardous household wastes such as paints, oil and fluorescent light tubes are already available.