Temporary Signs & Banners
The Council allows the placing of temporary signing on the highway for the purpose of advertising events generated by the community, public services or charity.
Prior to the placing of any signs/banners, the Engineering Section must be in receipt of a completed Application Form and Liability Form. Upon approval of the Application Form, bookings will be confirmed.
It is required that any sign/banner is erected at the agreed time and not more than 2 weeks prior to an event and is removed within 24 hours of the event taking place.
Once a booking is confirmed banners can be erected from Monday morning and are to be removed by Sunday evening.
All signing should be bilingual in accordance with Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council's Welsh Language Scheme.
Temporary signs/banners may be placed on the following sites:
- Morrisons Guardrail (opposite petrol station)
- Victoria Gardens Guardrail (outside doctors surgery)
- Neath Civic Centre Roundabout Guardrail
- Stockhams Corner Roundabout Guardrail
- Princess Royal Theatre/Port Talbot Civic Centre Guardrail
- Morrisons Guardrail (opposite main entrance)
- Guardrail (opposite 110 High Street)
- A474 Guardrail (at bus stop)
Prior to the placing of any signs/banners, the Traffic Section must be in receipt of a completed Application Form and Liability Form. Upon approval of the Application Form, bookings will be confirmed.
Temporary Signs and Banners Forms
Application Form Temporary Signs and Banners (PDF 198 KB)
Liability Form Temporary Signs and Banners (PDF 197 KB)
Any queries in relation to applications for the temporary signing of planned events, please contact the Engineering Section on 01639 686906.