Refuse and Recycling
This information was last updated at 26 August 2021, 13:32
Due to staff shortages as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, we are prioritising kerbside refuse and recycling collections over other waste services.
Please bear with us, due to unfamiliar staff working on some rounds we are experiencing a few delays and a couple of missed collections.
You can continue to order replacement bins, bags and boxes, as well as report missed collections online, but it may take us longer to deliver, and it may not be possible for us to return to you in all cases for missed collections.
Our recycling team are here to offer advice on how to recycle more of your waste if you'd like some help.
Household Waste Recycling Centres remain open apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. You must have booked a slot before you visit Briton Ferry or Cymmer recycling centres
Reintroduction of side waste restriction
We have reintroduced our side waste restriction policy. This means we will stop collecting side waste at the kerbside. So if you present more waste in addition to your wheelie bin or more than 3 black bags, our crews will not collect your extra waste.
If your household is affected by Coronavirus (with one or more self-isolating due to symptoms or having been diagnosed), any waste materials you come into contact with need to be handled carefully before they are collected to help prevent further spread of the virus.
Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after handling any waste and recycling containers.
Please ensure you follow the procedures below to comply with Government guidance:
- DO NOT place any contaminated items in your recycling bags/boxes.
- All contaminated items you produce, including tissues, masks, cleaning cloths and wipes, need to be put into a plastic bag. Tie the top of the bag to prevent escape of the material.
- Put the bag inside another bin liner and tie the top of that bag.
- Keep the bagged waste for a period of 72 hours in a place that cannot be accessed by other people or pets.
- After 72 hours have passed, you can place the double bagged waste in your wheeled bin or placed with your other black bags.
- Keep the wheeled bin/bag on your property until the day of collection.
- Do not present this waste for collection if 72 hours have not passed.
There is no change to our bulky waste collection service. Please do not call us to book a bulk collection. Do it online. We appreciate slots get booked up quickly.
We will be releasing them regularly so please keep checking here