Our Enforcement Officers inspect vehicles that are reported as having been abandoned or those they come across on their daily patrols.
A vehicle is likely to be abandoned if:
- it’s significantly damaged, run down or unroadworthy, for example has flat tyres, missing wheels or broken windows
- it’s burned out
- a number plate is missing
Simply because a vehicle is poorly parked does not mean it has been abandoned.
How to report an abandoned vehicle
Before you start
When reporting an abandoned vehicle to us, please include:
- Vehicle registration and whether the vehicle is taxed
- make, model, and colour
- Exact location of the vehicle,
- Vehicle needs to be stationary for 2 weeks
- Please check if the vehicle is taxed and has a current MOT
You can also report untaxed vehicles to the DVLA if they are on a public road.