Planning and Public Protection
This privacy statement sets out how the Neath Port Talbot CBC Planning and Public Protection service* use and protect any information that you give Neath Port Talbot CBC including when you use the Council’s website and submit information electronically.
*comprising Planning, Building Control, Environmental Health and Trading Standards
The Neath Port Talbot Planning and Public Protection (PPP) service is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, or in submission of documentation (including representations on planning applications and licence applications), then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Neath Port Talbot PPP may change this policy from time to time by updating this Privacy Statement. You should check our website from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and address
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Other personal information you might submit as evidence supporting, for example:-
- A planning or listed building application
- Planning Policy related representations,
- An application for building regulations, notice of demolition, unauthorised works, dangerous structures, retaining walls or safety at sports grounds
- An application for a licence with the Environmental Health or Trading Standards service such as House in Multiple Occupation, special procedures, Petroleum and the Registration of food businesses.
- Other personal information to meet health & safety / grant monitoring requirements for participation in activities (i.e. to establish ‘activity readiness).
What we do with the information we gather
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is the data controller for personal information you provide. Your information will be used in the exercise of our official authority pursuant and as prescribed by statute and will not be used for any other purpose. We will not share your data with third parties unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.
We may process your personal information collected for the following reasons:
- As part of the statutory records we hold under Primary legislation identified at Appendix 1, along with all other subordinate secondary legislation and Regulations:
- As part of the provision of our Planning Pre-application Advice Service
- As part of our Enforcement Investigations under the above-referenced Acts and Regulations.
- As part of our provision of our Pre-purchase and Completion Certificates services
- Building Control Added Value Services
- As part of ‘Distribution Lists’ targeted at providing you with information about Planning / Building Control / Environmental Health / Trading Standards Applications, Policies and Procedures, including relevant National information and/or guidance
- To contact you for research purposes to enable us to improve the services we offer. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
Any personal data processed by Neath Port Talbot PPP is done so in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). We will retain this information in accordance with our statutory requirements.
We will only disclose your personal data when obliged to by law or we have your consent, and on occasion to the following:
- Internally with other Neath Port Talbot CBC Departments.
- Organisations/ Regulatory Authorities who assist us in delivery of our Services
- Your legal representatives
- Partner authorities through the LABC Partner Authority Scheme in relation to Building Regulation applications.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information and/or request deletion of personal information not required for the department’s statutory register(s).
In the event of any queries regarding use of your personal data, wish to have access to the same, or to make any complaint regarding the collection please contact the Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council’s Data Protection Officer Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ.
A copy of the Privacy Statement including Appendix 1 is available to download below:
Privacy Statement - Planning and Public Protection (PDF 183 KB)