Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Register as a Skip Operator

A skip permit is required to place a builders’ skip on the Highway under the provisions of Section 139 of the Highways Act 1980. To apply for a skip permit within Neath Port Talbot, you firstly need to be registered with the Authority as a skip operator.

Apply for a skip operator license

More information

Conditions for registration.

In order to register as a skip operator, this Authority requires the following information:-

  • Contact name
  • Company postal address
  • Contact telephone number
  • 24hr emergency number
  • Fax number
  • E-mail address
  • Waste carrier's licence number (click here for information - Environment Agency)
  • Copy of Public liability insurance certificate - minimum cover of £5 million (do not send original).

How much will it cost?

There is no charge to register.

How long does the registration last?

Your registration is only valid so far as your public liability insurance and waste carrier licence are up to date.

How long will it take to process the application?

Applications are typically processed within five working days.

Does tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority within 15 working days of receiving a fully completed application.

If I’m turned down, how do I appeal?

There is no appeal procedure. If you have any queries about any decisions, please contact the Streetworks department on 01639 686338.

How do I inform you about changes of circumstances?

Please contact the Streetworks department, to inform us of any changes.

Contact Details

Streetworks Department,
Neath Port Talbot Country Borough Council
The Quays
Brunel Way, Briton Ferry
SA11 2GG pref
01639 686338 01639 686338 voice +441639686338