Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Apply for Housing Benefit

If anyone needs any help or advice in relation to Housing Benefit and / or Council Tax Support please ring  01639 686838 (9.30am – 4.30pm) or email  and we`ll get back to you as soon as we can.

The Housing and Council Tax Support schemes provide help towards rent and Council Tax for people on low income. You can qualify for Housing and Council Tax Support even if you are working, so why not make a claim today - you have nothing to lose.

Most new claims for help towards housing costs for working age people will now be claims for universal credit.

Universal Credit Guide

Visit the DWP Universal Credit site

You can get more information by contacting the Housing Benefit Section:

  • by e-mail
  • by phoning 01639 686838 (9.30am – 4.30pm)
  • by calling at the One Stop Shop at the Civic Centre, Neath (9.30am – 4.30pm)
  • by calling at the Benefits Office at the Civic Centre, Port Talbot (9.30am – 4.30pm)


  • Application for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support (PDF 1.10 MB)

    m.Id: 10435
    m.ContentType.Alias: nptDocument
    mTitle: Application for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support
    mSize: 1.10 MB
    mType: pdf
    m.Url: /media/4314/housing_benefit_application_onlineform.pdf

  • Discretionary Housing Payment Form (PDF 167 KB)

    m.Id: 10436
    m.ContentType.Alias: nptDocument
    mTitle: Discretionary Housing Payment Form
    mSize: 167 KB
    mType: pdf
    m.Url: /media/4315/discretionary_payment_form.pdf