Staying safe means you can have more fun!
Here's where you'll discover more tips on how to stay safe and feel more confident when at home or out and about.
There is lots of advice and guidance in Neath Port Talbot, Wales and the UK about how to keep children safe and what to do if you are concerned about a child's welfare. The organisations below offer services, advice, information, leaflets, guidance and tips surrounding the welfare of children.
- NPT Social Services
- NPT Safeguarding
- NSPCC PANTS (The Underwear Rule)
- NSPCC Preventing Abuse
- Safer Brighter Futures NPT
- Child Accident Prevention Trust
Advice for parents and carers to help keep children safe from bullying, wherever it happens.
- School Bullying - Welsh Government Guidance
- Bullies Out
- Anti-bullying Alliance
- Staying safe online
Information and guidance on how to stay safe on the roads with your children.
- NPT Road Safety Team
- GOV.UK - Road Safety
- School Transport - The Code
Internet Safety is an issue that is becoming more and more important.
This provides links to sites and resources to guide you in the right direction to make sure you and your children are using the internet safely.
- Child Safety Online - GOV.UK
- Online Safety - NSPCC
- Staying Safe Online - Internet Matters
- Safer NPT
- Kids Online Safety
Discover tips on how to keep children safe while playing away from home or at home. And how to talk to your child about interacting with strangers.
You can also visit our Play Page for ideas and other useful links.
Below are other useful link to stay safe at home or away from home.
Whether it's Water/Fire/Gas/Electrical Safety or advice on Carbon Monoxide and household products. There is also advice on Firework safety along with general safety on choking and tripping hazards.
- Keeping Children safe - NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children)
- Baby and toddler Safety - NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children)
- Baby Safety Tips - NHS
- Home Safety & Advice & Information - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- Safety in the Home & Community - Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
- Accidents can be prevented - Child Accident and Prevention Trust
- Household Safety Checklists - Home Safety Smart Check