Street Naming and Numbering
Welcome to the Council’s Street Naming and Numbering Service. The Council is responsible for the naming of all roads and for the naming/numbering of all residential properties within the County Borough of Neath Port Talbot.
During the construction of a new build and before it is occupied, properties will require an official address from the local authority. Addresses are then registered with the Royal Mail who will issue a new post code. This information is then passed on to other departments within the Council as well as to the utility companies, emergency services and the Land Registry. The Royal Mail will also forward this information to private companies such as high street stores, banks and insurance companies etc.
Failure to register your property will result in it not being recognised with the Royal Mail. This will not only result in difficulties locating your property but may prove difficult to register your address with banks, stores and credit institutions etc.
Charges for these services
|Naming / Numbering of one plot
||£30 per plot
|Naming/numbering up to 5 plots
||£30 fee plus £25 per plot
|Naming/numbering of 6 plots and over
||£75 fee plus 20 per plot
|Property conversions from / to flats
||£30 fee plus £15 flat
|Re-numbering of development (after notification)
||£100 plus £15 per plot
|Solicitors letter to confirm address
|Request to change or add name/number to existing address
|Request to remove address from records
|Street renaming at residents’ request
||£30 per property plus legal costs
Multiple costs are based on the size of the finished development and is irrelevant to the completion date of individual properties
The above charges are not subject to VAT.
Cheques to be made payable to Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council / SNN or (NPTCBC/ SNN) and must accompany an application form. You can also pay street naming and numbering fees online.
If you require further assistance, please contact:
Street Naming and Numbering
Mr Ross Williams at Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
Tel. 01639 686799
- In providing us with your personal information you hereby acknowledge that Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is the Data Controller for all the personal information you provide on this form (for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)).
- The personal data which we collect from you via this form will be used by the Council (pursuant to it carrying out its various statutory and business functions) for the following purposes: To provide a postal address for Street Naming and Numbering.
- As a Data Controller the Council is required under GDPR to inform you which of the Article 6 GDPR “Data Processing Conditions” it is relying upon to lawfully process your personal data. In this respect please be advised that in regards to the data provided by you on this form we are relying on the following two Article 6 conditions
- “The data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject”. (Article 6(c) GDPR).
- “The data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.” (Article 6(e) GDPR).
- We will not share your personal data with any third parties (i.e. persons/bodies/entities outside the Council) unless we are required to do so by law.
- The personal information collected from you on this form will be held by the Council for a period of ten years.
- Please note that we are required to collect certain personal data under statutory requirements and in such cases a failure by you to provide that information to us may result in the Council being unable to provide you with a service and/or could render you liable to legal proceedings.
- We would inform you that under Article 21 GDPR you have the right at any time to object to the Authority about the fact that we are processing your personal data for the purposes of carrying out a public task or exercising our official authority.
- The Council will not transfer any of your personal data outside of the European Union. All processing of your personal data by us will be carried out in the United Kingdom or other European Union countries.
- The Council will not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision making.
- Please be advised that under GDPR individuals are given the following rights in regards to their personal data:
- The right of access to their personal data held by a data controller.
- The right to have inaccurate data corrected by a data controller.
- The right to have their data erased (in certain limited circumstances).
- The right to restrict the processing of their data by a data controller (in certain limited circumstances).
- The right to object to their data being used for direct marketing.
- The right to data portability (i.e. electronic transfer of data to another data controller). Further information on all the above rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website: www.ico.org.uk
- In the event that you have any queries regarding our use of your personal data, you wish to have access to the same or you wish to make any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at the Directorate of Finance & Corporate Services, Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ.
- Please be advised that in the event that you make a request or a complaint to the Council’s Data Protection Officer (see 9 above) and you are dissatisfied with the Council’s response you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Details of the Commissioner’s Office contact details and further information on your rights may be obtained from the Commissioner’s website – www.ico.org.uk