Early Years telephone consultation helpline for parents and carers
In light of the current Covid-19 situation, and the impact this is having upon the education of all children and young people, as well as their families, the NPT Educational Psychology Service is offering an early years telephone consultation helpline, which may help support you and your child at home. This consultation helpline is in addition to NPT's Inclusion Service helpline which is for school aged pupils.
This consultation helpline, will be available to parents / carers of children who:
- Are between ages of 2-3 years; and
- Are looking for general support/advice to help support children's learning, development, play and wellbeing at home during the current COVID-19 situation. For example, to problem solve ideas with parents/carers for activities/strategies that they can implement at home.
Some examples of topics which you may wish to discuss, could include:
- Helping to develop a routine at home.
- Helping you to support your children's emotional needs.
- Advice about educational/play activities to support your child's learning at home.
- Advice about how to talk to your child about Coronavirus and/or issues related to Coronavirus.
- Advice about how to support your child's wellbeing or learning if you are a keyworker.
- Advice to help prepare a child transitioning to/back to an education setting.
We are unable to discuss any issues that may be in relation to your child's health/medical needs. We suggest that you seek advice in relation to these issues from your Health Visitor.
You will be offered an initial telephone consultation of 30 minutes, with the most appropriate member of the service, dependent upon you and your child's needs, and a potential follow-up of another 30 minute telephone consultation at a later date. We will aim to contact you within standard working hours Monday to Friday.
If you would like to access the service, please use the form below. This service could be offered bilingually, so please indicate whether you require the consultation through the medium of Welsh.
We will aim to get back to you within 2 working days to confirm a time and date.
Any personal data that you divulge to us during the phone call will be treated in confidence and in line with our obligations under the GDPR 2016. Please refer to the Local Authority Privacy Notice