Equality of opportunity in employment
The Authority is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment.
The Authority’s policy is that no job applicant and no employee shall receive less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of:
- gender and gender reassignment,
- language (Welsh),
- colour, nationality or ethnic or national origin,
- responsibility for dependants,
- marital status,
- HIV or Aids status,
- trade union activity or religion/belief and
- none shall be disadvantaged by provisions, criterion or practices which cannot be justified.
As a major employer, the Authority is committed to take positive action to eliminate discrimination and to redress past imbalances in order to provide genuine equality of opportunity.
Equality of Opportunity in Employment
Equality of Opportunity in Employment (PDF 37 KB)
mTitle: Equality of Opportunity in Employment
mSize: 37 KB