Social Services Health and Housing Directorate Common Commissioning Unit
The Commissioning Unit leads on planning, developing and purchasing services to meet the assessed care and support needs of vulnerable adults, children, young people and unpaid carers.
While some services are provided directly by the Council, we also work with the private sector, third sector organisations, volunteers and housing associations.
We want to ensure that:
- Where possible, we prevent people’s needs from escalating
- People with assessed needs get the care and support they need
- Services are tailored to individuals’ needs and outcomes
- People have choice and control over the services they require and receive
- People are supported to regain or retain maximum levels of independence
- People receive good quality care
- Services represent good value for money
- Services are sustainable and flexible to meet future needs and demands
- Services are commissioned and designed in a way consistent with best practice
Contact Details Commissioning Unit
Contact Detail Housing Strategy
Contact Details Supporting People⠀