D58-2877 - Dyffryn Road and Alma Terrace, Taibach
Prohibition of waiting, loading and unloading at any time Order 2022
NOTICE is given that the Council on the 12th September 2022 made an Order in pursuance of its powers as contained in Sections 1 and 2 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the effect of which is as set out in the Schedule below.
A copy of the draft Order, plan and statement of reasons can be inspected on the Council’s Internet Website.
The Order will come into force on the 19th September 2022.
If any person wishes to question the validity of the Order or of any of its powers on the grounds that it or they are not within the powers conferred by the Act or that any requirements of the Act or of any instrument made under the Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Order is made, apply for that purpose to the High Court.
Prohibition of Waiting, Loading and Unloading at Any Time
- Dyffryn Road, Taibach (South East Side)
From its junction with Alma Terrace for a distance of approximately 8 metres in a south westerly direction
- Dyffryn Road, Taibach (South East Side)
From its junction with Alma Terrace for a distance of approximately 20 metres in a north easterly direction.
- Alma Terrace, Taibach (South West Side)
From its junction with Dyffryn Road for a distance of approximately 10 metres in a south easterly direction.
- Alma Terrace, Taibach (North East Side)
From its junction with Dyffryn Road for a distance of approximately 2 metres in a south easterly direction.
Dated 14th September 2022
M C GRIFFITHS
HEAD OF LEGAL & DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
The Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in exercise of their powers under Sections 1 and 2 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act of 1984”) and of all other powers them enabling and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act of 1984 hereby make the following Order:-
- This Order shall come into operation on the 19th day of September 2022 and may be cited as the “Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (Dyffryn Road and Alma Terrace, Taibach)(Prohibition of Waiting, Loading and Unloading At Any Time) Order 2022”.
- (1) In this Order –
- “Public Service Vehicle” shall have the same meaning as in Section 1 of the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981 and “local service” shall have the same meaning as in Section 1 of the Transport Act 1985;
- “Universal Providers” means those operators of postal services who are licensed to provide all or part of a Universal Postal Service under the provisions contained in the Postal Services Act 2000.
- Except where otherwise stated, any reference in this Order to a numbered Article or Schedule is a reference to the Article or Schedule bearing that number in this Order.
- The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the Interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
- Save as provided in Articles 4 and 5 of this Order, no person except on the direction of a Police Constable in uniform or of a Parking Attendant shall cause or permit any vehicle to wait, load or unload at any time on the length of side of road as set out in the Schedule of this Order.
- Nothing in Article 3 shall render it unlawful to cause or permit any vehicle to wait on the lengths of roads specified therein for so long as may be necessary to enable: -
- A person to board or alight from a vehicle;
- The vehicle, if it cannot conveniently be used for such purpose in any other road, to be used in connection with any of the following operations, namely: -
- Building, industrial or demolition operations;
- The removal of any obstruction to traffic;
- The laying, erection, alteration or repair in or on land adjacent to the said lengths of sides of road of any sewer or any main pipe or apparatus for the supply of gas, water or electricity or any telecommunications apparatus defined in the Telecommunications Act 1984;
- The vehicle, if it cannot conveniently be used for such purpose in any other road, to be used in the service of a Local Authority or a Water Authority in pursuance of statutory powers or duties;
- The vehicle to be used by a Universal Service Provider for the purpose of delivering or collecting postal packets;
- Public Service Vehicles operating a local service when waiting at an authorised bus stop to set down or pick up passengers, or to school buses;
- The vehicle to take in petrol, oil, water or air from any garage situated on or adjacent to the said length of road.
- The prohibitions imposed by Article 3 shall not apply to Police, Fire, Ambulance or other Emergency Service vehicles or to Local Authority vehicles when in pursuance of statutory duties or powers.
D58-2877 Dyffryn Road and Alma Terrace (JPG 792 KB)
mTitle: D58-2877 Dyffryn Road and Alma Terrace
mSize: 792 KB