Extended Restrictions Business Grant - Discretionary
The Welsh Government has opened the Restrictions Business Fund to support businesses and sole traders that have been directly impacted by the extended restrictions announced by the First Minister on 29th January 2021 needed to control the spread of Covid-19. The purpose of the grant is to provide businesses with cash flow support and to help them survive the economic consequences of the extended restrictions. Businesses can only apply for one discretionary fund grant under this extended scheme. Multiple applications from the same business are not allowed. However, this extended scheme is in addition to grant businesses may have received via the Discretionary Fund for the December 2020 / January 2021 period. The grant seeks to complement other Covid-19 response measures to support businesses, social enterprises and charitable organisations in Wales.
A discretionary grant of £2,000 is available to assist businesses that have:
- Been forced or required to close as a result of the national restrictions that were introduced during December 2020 and were extended on 29th January 2021
- OR are able to demonstrate that the latest restrictions put in place will result in at least a 40% reduction in their estimated turnover for the extended restrictions period as compared to an equivalent restriction free trading period prior to 23rd March 2020.
You are not eligible for this grant if:
- You are eligible for, or have received, the Restrictions Business Fund NDR Grant from your Local Authority
If the business generates less than 50% of your income. The business must be your main source of income.
- You are eligible for a ‘top-up’ payment via the extended Culture Recovery Fund Freelancer grant. (If you are unsure about this, please check with your local authority).
- You have been awarded a Welsh Government Children and Communities grant to cover operating losses between September 2020 and March 2021.
- The total amount of Covid-19 support grants you have received (including any further award through this discretionary fund) exceeds 80% of your turnover for a typical year of trading.
For further information on this grant please read the Restrictions Business Fund Guidance:
Please email your completed application form to email@example.com
The grant will be open to applications from 10.00 a.m. on Monday 15th February 2021 and will close at a date to be specified by the local authority or when the fund has been fully committed.