Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is the Highway Authority for non-trunk roads and motorways in the Borough area. The functions of the Highway Development Control Section are;
- To give advice to the Planning Section as statutory consultee on highway matters.
- To deal with highway aspects of pre-planning enquiries into potential development sites.
- To secure improvements to the highway associated with new development.
- To give advice on the suitability of sites proposed for inclusion in the Local Development Plan.
- To ensure roads are constructed to the required standards of the Authority so they are suitable for adoption.
- To undertake the vetting of drawing for new highway or alterations to existing highway associated with new developments.
- To respond to Goods Vehicle Operators Licence Applications.
- To respond to Street Trading Applications.
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is also the Lead Local Flood Authority and as part of this the Highway Development Control Section deals with Land Drainage issues and Water Course Consenting.
The Section is managed by the Highway Development Control Manager David Adlam (01639 686850)
Department of Environment, Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council, The Quays, Baglan Energy Park, Briton Ferry, SA11 2GG.