Additional Learning Needs Support Service (ALNSS)
Meet the team
The Additional Learning Needs Support Service (ALNSS) is divided across the following age ranges:
It encompasses the Pupil Parent Partnership Unit and Early Years Support Team and consists of a range of skilled officers including:
- Case Workers
- A Statementing/ IDP officer
- An Early Years Additional Learning Needs Lead Officer (EYALNLO)
- Family liaison officers
- Transition workers
What we do
The service has several functions, which are linked to the processes outlined in the current statutory Special Educational Needs (SEN) Code of Practice for Wales.
- Organisation of Statutory Assessments.
- Decision making in regards to Statutory Assessments.
- Considering recommendations made in Annual Reviews of Statements of SEN.
- Provision of impartial support, advice and guidance to pupils, parents/carers and schools in relation to Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and ALN systems.
- Provision of additional transition support for pupils with ALN at key points in their education.
How to contact us