Additional Learning Needs Support Service (ALNSS)
Meet the team
The Additional Learning Needs Support Service (ALNSS) is divided across the following age ranges:
- Case Workers
- A Statementing/ IDP officer
- An Early Years Additional Learning Needs Lead Officer (EYALNLO)
- Family liaison officers
- Transition workers
What we do
The service has several functions, which are linked to the processes outlined in the current statutory Special Educational Needs (SEN) Code of Practice for Wales and the Additional Learning Needs Code for Wales 2021.
- Organisation of Statutory Assessments.
- Decision making in regards to Statutory Assessments.
- Considering recommendations made in Annual Reviews of Statements of SEN.
- Provision of impartial support, advice and guidance to pupils, parents/carers and schools in relation to Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and ALN systems.
- Provision of additional transition support for pupils with ALN at key points in their education.
How to contact us
- Phone- 01639 763158
- E-mail- ALNST@npt.gov.uk