Home Library Service
If you can't come to us, we'll come to you
- Do you love reading but find it difficult to visit your local library, possibly because of age, disability or other special circumstance?
- Perhaps you are a carer yourself and cannot get to a library?
- Perhaps you live too far from a library service point and can’t carry items.
If so, we may be able to bring the library service to you, in your own home.
Accessing the service
The home library service is free and supports people of all ages who have difficulty accessing the library.
The service is provided by dedicated, trained staff and we are happy to deal with a nominated person of your choice if this is easier for you.
We do not conduct any assessments of your health or current medical conditions. Any personal information is strictly confidential.
You can refer yourself or ask a friend or family member or a professional such as a social worker to refer you. You can also refer someone else if you think they would benefit from the service.
Services we provide
- Free regular scheduled visits (usually every 6 weeks)
- Library loans delivered direct to your home.
- Free reservations
- Longer flexible loan period
- Alter your preferences at any time.
- No fines or charges
- County wide service to all NPT residents
- Wide selection of regular print adult fiction and non-fiction titles
- Wide range of large print adult fiction titles
- Audio books in cassette, CD and MP3 format
- Loan of audio equipment via British Wireless for the Blind Fund (eligibility test)
- Access to ebooks
After you join
When you join the service we will:
- Confirm the date and estimated time of your first delivery
- Explain how the service operates and
- Advise on the frequency of your home visits
How to apply
You can apply for this service online.
Alternatively, you can contact the service using the details below