After School Photography Club
A 6 week after school programme to create a basic understanding of modern cameras and photographic techniques.
No. of participants:
6-8 pupils and 1-2 members of staff.
- A brief history of photography from the Camera Obscura through to more recent film cameras.
- A hands-on look at pre-digital cameras.
- A basic understanding of camera operation (shutter/aperture)
- Quick quiz on camera modes.
- Pupils will be asked to take no more than 5 photographs with a digital compact camera. (10mins)
- Discuss “rule of thirds” photography technique and analysis of photographs taken earlier.
- The basic four styles of photography (portrait, action, landscape and macro) will be covered utilising the inbuilt functions of the digital cameras. As some of these sessions are weather dependant, an accurate schedule cannot be offered in advance.
Portrait: Individual/group portraits featuring casual, posed and/or themed scenarios.
Action: Motion based photography with a focus on action sports and movement.
Landscape: Outdoor scenic photography around the school or its locality.
Macro: Close-up photography of everyday objects e.g. plants, animals, pencils, rubbers etc.
For further information Contact Us