Under section 63 of the 2004 Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act, the Council must produce and agree with the Welsh Government a Delivery Agreement (DA).
Following consultation, A Draft DA was approved by Council on the 22nd December 2021 for submission to the Welsh Government.
The Delivery Agreement was subsequently approved by Welsh Government on the 11th January 2022, to allow NPT Council to formally commence preparation of the Replacement Local Development Plan (RLDP). The DA sets out a 3.5 year process to anticipated adoption of an RLDP in July 2025, with a plan end date of 2036.
The Delivery Agreement:
- sets out the timetable for producing the RLDP
- identifies the key stages and the resources the Council will commit to developing the RLDP and
- includes a Community Involvement Scheme (CIS). This sets out how and when stakeholders and the community will be included in the plan preparation process.
The timetable for the preparation of the RLDP is set out below:
|Delivery Agreement||January 2022|
|Pre-deposit Participation / Preparation (Regulation 14)||January 2022 – November 2023|
|Call for Candidate Sites||March 2022 – May 2022|
|Pre- Deposit (Preferred Strategy) Consultation (Regulation 15)||March 2023 – April 2023|
|Deposit Participation / Preparation||August 2023 – February 2024|
|Deposit RLDP Consultation (Regulation 17)||March 2024 – April 2024|
|Submission of RLDP to WG for examination (Regulation 22)||October 2024|
|Independent Examination (Regulation 23)||December 2024 – February 2025|
|Adoption of RLDP (Regulation 25)||July 2025|
|Monitoring and Review||April 2026|
Hard copies of the DA can be found in all the deposit locations:
- Neath Civic Centre, Neath, SA11 3QZ
- Port Talbot Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ
- The Quays, Brunel Way, Baglan Energy Park, Neath, SA11 2GG