Your feedback will help us improve this website.

When to use this policy

If you receive a service or make a request for a service and then are not happy with our response, you will be able to make your complaint known as described below.

Sometimes you may have a statutory right of appeal e.g. against a refusal to grant you planning permission or the decision not to give your child a place in a particular school, so, rather than investigate your complaint, we will explain to you how you can appeal.

Additionally you might be concerned about matters that are not covered by this policy and we will then advise you about how to make your concerns known, examples include:

  • Freedom of Information requests
  • Complaints about Councillors who have breached the code of conduct
  • Insurance matters
  • Parking Penalty Charge notices
  • School complaints
  • Social Services complaints

This policy does not apply to data access issues.