Newly Qualified Social Worker Jobs – Neath Port Talbot
Are you a third-year social work student looking to gain employment?
We have a variety of permanent Social Worker roles across both Adult and Children’s Services that will allow you to commence once qualified. You could also have the opportunity to commence in the role prior to confirmation of your qualification at a lower rate of pay as a Support Worker until confirmation of qualification and Social Care Registration is received.
- Social workers - children and young people
- Social workers - 14 plus leaving care and care experienced children team
- Social workers - adults
As a newly qualified Social Worker at Neath Port Talbot Council, you will receive support to complete the Social Care Wales Consolidation of Practice Programme. Additionally, during your first year in practice you will receive significant support to assist your development including:
- Detailed Induction period
- A suitable mentor will be identified
- A comprehensive personal development plan (PDP)
- Attendance at all mandatory and relevant training
- Regular and supportive supervision (fortnightly for first 3 months)
- Attendance at first year in practice support group every quarter
- Invitation to attend peer support groups.
Neath Port Talbot Council promotes and encourages flexible working arrangements to ensure employees benefit from having a work/life balance; This is further aided by the introduction of a Hybrid Working Framework and will be supporting staff to work both at home and in the office.
We can offer you secure employment with a competitive salary and generous terms and conditions including 24 days annual leave (rising to 31 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 2 extra days at Christmas, excellent pension and sick pay schemes. We also have a Health and Well-being Group with a staff lottery and associated discounts, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme and an additional annual leave purchase scheme. We also have a relocation scheme if you are thinking of relocating.
If you'd like to find out more about the roles, contact Sian Walker, Team Manager (Adult Services) by email email@example.com or Maria Selby, Principal Officer (Children’s Services) firstname.lastname@example.org.