Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Local Events and Street Parties

There are lots of jubilee events planned in Neath Port Talbot. Check our What’s On events calendar for regular updates and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter

Here are some ideas and guidance for your own events.

Garden Parties

Parties in people’s private gardens are one option to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. People celebrated VE Day 75th Anniversary in May 2020 lockdown by holding picnics for their household in their own front gardens to avoid mixing, but still came together as communities. Hopefully, we will not be in this position in June, but garden parties would be easy and less costly for neighbours to organise.

Community Centres

Or other local venues (church or village halls for example) could be used as an alternative location for those who wish to organise a more formal community get together – especially with our Welsh weather – even in June it is not guaranteed that the weather will be dry!   Applications will need to be made to the relevant venues

Use of other possible enclosed outdoor public spaces

Such as parks or other appropriate green areas would need a formal application to the land owner. If it is council owned land, please contact as early as possible to obtain information on what documentation is required.

Thinking about planning a street party?

Please review the information below before proceeding with your street party. You will need to contact us by 1st April at the latest.

Street Parties (road closures)

If you do wish to organise street parties please contact as soon as possible in order to obtain guidance on what information the council require from you, as this will take time for you to plan and organise. Alternatively you can also read the guidance on our webpage.

Applications will need to be submitted by the 1st April 2022 at the latest. There will be an additional requirement for £5m Public Liability Insurance Cover to be in place. First aid cover is also required in case of accidents or injury – some street parties will pose more risk than others, depending on the activities involved. First aid cover can be provided by those attending the party, providing they are suitably qualified and are aware of their duties and responsibilities. We will need to see copies of their first aid qualification certificates.