Privacy Notice - 2023 Parc Margam 10K
- In providing us with your personal information you hereby acknowledge that Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is the Data Controller for all the personal information you provide on this form (for the purpose of the UK General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)).
- The personal data which we collect from you via this form will be used by the Council (pursuant to it carrying out its various statutory and business functions) for the following purposes:
- In order to organise the event and manage the registration on the day of the event.
- As a Data Controller the Council is required under GDPR to inform you which of the Article 6 GDPR “Data Processing Conditions” it is relying upon to lawfully process your personal data. In this respect please be advised that in regards to the data provided by you on this form we are relying on the following Article 6 condition(s);
- “The data processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.” (Article 6(b) GDPR).
- We may share your personal data securely with the following third parties (i.e. persons/bodies/entities outside the Council) in accordance with data sharing arrangements which we have in place with those third parties - WHITE ROCK EVENTS LIMITED of 35 Ffordd Taliesin, Killay, Swansea SA2 7DF - to assist with organising the event and managing the registration on the day of the event.
- The personal information collected from you on this form will be held by the Council for a period of: three years from the date of the event (Sunday 12th March 2023)
- Please note that for the purposes of certain contracts entered into with you, we may require you to furnish us with personal data and a failure on your part to do so, may be a breach of contract (resulting in the Council being unable to provide you with contracted services and/or a claim being brought against you for contractual damages).
- The Council will not transfer any of your personal data outside of the European Union. All processing of your personal data by us will be carried out in the United Kingdom or other European Union countries.
- The Council will not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision making.
- Please be advised that under GDPR individuals are given the following rights in regards to their personal data:
- The right of access to their personal data held by a data controller.
- The right to have inaccurate data corrected by a data controller.
- The right to have their data erased (in certain limited circumstances).
- The right to restrict the processing of their data by a data controller (in certain limited circumstances).
- The right to object to their data being used for direct marketing.
- The right to data portability (i.e. electronic transfer of data to another data controller).
Further information on all the above rights may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
- In the event that you have any queries regarding our use of your personal data, you wish to have access to the same or you wish to make any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at the Directorate of Finance & Corporate Services, Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ.
- Please be advised that in the event that you make a request or a complaint to the Council’s Data Protection Officer (see 10 above) and you are dissatisfied with the Council’s response you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Details of the Commissioner’s Office contact details and further information on your rights may be obtained from the Commissioner’s website.