Audit of Accounts - South Wales Police
13 May 2022
Notice is hereby given that pursuant to Sections 29 and 30 of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 (and as further specified in the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014):
- From 13 June 2022 to 8 July 2022 inclusive between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (Monday to Thursday only) and 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (Friday only) any person interested, on application to the Finance Department, Police Headquarters, Cowbridge Road, Bridgend may inspect and make copies of both the Police and Crime Commissioner’s accounts and South Wales Police Chief Constable’s accounts for the year ended 31 March 2022 and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating thereto. In order to assist us to make appropriate arrangements due to COVID-19, it would be helpful if any interested person could inform us in advance that they intend to inspect the accounts and documents.
- On or after 9:00 a.m. on 11 July 2022, Adrian Crompton, the Appointed Auditor of 24 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9LJ will give at Police Headquarters, Cowbridge Road, Bridgend CF31 3SU (and subsequently until such time as the Auditor certifies completion of the Audit) at the request of any local government elector for the area to which such accounts relate, or his/her representative, an opportunity to question him about the accounts and any such elector or his/her representative may attend before the Auditor and make objections:
- as to any matter in respect of which the Auditor could take action under Sections 17 or 18 of the Act (namely, an unlawful item of account, failure to bring a sum into account, or a loss or deficiency caused by wilful misconduct); and
- as to any matter in respect of which the Auditor could make a report in the public interest under Section 22 of the Act.
- No such objections may be made unless the Auditor has previously received written notice of the objection and the grounds on which it is to be made; and that a copy of such notice is sent to the undersigned
- Due to the current situation in connection to Covid-19, there is potential that the dates in this notice are subject to change. Any change in date will be published on our website
Chief Financial Officer
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for South Wales
Chief Financial Officer
South Wales Police
South Wales Police Headquarters