D58-2960 - B4434 New Road, Clyne
30mph Speed Limit Order 2022
Statement of Reason
The Order is necessary to maintain the existing speed limit of 30 mph on selected strategic roads within the borough after the Welsh Government has passed legislation to implement a 20mph default speed limit in urban areas nationally throughout Wales in the interest of road safety.
The Council as Local Highway Authority considers that this road is a strategic route with higher volumes of daily traffic compared to urban residential streets and as such does not meet the criteria or the nature of a road with a speed limit of 20 mph.
The Council considers that the existing 30 mph speed limit is an appropriate speed limit in order to maintain a reasonable traffic flow on higher traffic volume strategic routes.
New Road, Clyne (Revocation) and (30mph Speed Limit) Order 2022
NOTICE is hereby given that the Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in pursuance of its powers as contained in Section 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 intends to make a Speed Restriction Order the general effect of which is set out in the Schedule below.
A copy of the draft Notice, plan and statement of reasons can be inspected on the Council’s Internet Website
Any objections should be submitted in writing, setting out the reasons thereof, to reach the Head of Engineering and Transport, The Quays, Baglan Energy Park SA11 2GG by 6th January 2023.
If you have any further enquiries regarding this notice please send your email to: email@example.com
Schedule 1 - Revocation
To revoke any speed limit orders in so far as it relates to the length of road set out in Schedule 2 of this Order
Schedule 2 - Proposed 30mph Speed Limit
2.1 B4434 New Road, Clyne
- From a point approximately 825 metres south west of its junction with Bryn Golwg to a point approximately 1,525 metres south west of its junction with Bryn Golwg, a distance of approximately 700 metres
DATED 9th DECEMBER 2022
M C GRIFFITHS
HEAD OF LEGAL & DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
B4434 New Road, Clyne (Revocation) and (30mph Speed Limit) Order 2022
The Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in exercise of its powers under Section 84 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as the Act of 1984) and of all other powers it enabling and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act of 1984 hereby makes the following order:-
- This Order shall come into operation on the day of 2022 and may be cited as the “Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (New Road, Clyne) (Revocation) (30mph Speed Limit) Order 2022.
- (i) Except where otherwise stated, any reference in this Order to a numbered article or schedule is a reference to the article or schedule bearing that number in this Order.
(ii) The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
- The provisions of all existing Speed Limit Orders made under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (or under any enactment which preceded that Act) are hereby revoked in so far as they relate to the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.
- No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to be driven at a speed in excess of 30 miles per hour on the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.
D58-2960 - B4434 New Road Clyne (JPG 1.45 MB)
mTitle: D58-2960 - B4434 New Road Clyne
mSize: 1.45 MB