The Future of Work Strategy
What is it?
The strategy sets out how we intend to shape Team NPT over the next 5 years, to ensure that together, as one council, we can focus on doing what matters to our residents, local businesses and investors, helping our residents to live good lives.
Why do we need one?
A talented and focused workforce is critical for bringing the strategic priorities to life and ensures the organisation delivers on its wellbeing objectives. Direct people costs make up 45% of our total expenditure. The cost of getting it wrong can therefore be significant. Getting it right delivers significant improvements:
- Identify and respond to changing citizens' needs.
- Enable employees to have a good work-life balance and wellbeing.
- Reflect the make-up of our population, strengthening our connection to our communities.
- Increase our ability to innovate by being a truly diverse and inclusive organisation.
- Use employee insight to drive highly effective strategies that enables people to fulfil their potential.
- Deliver efficient public services that are good value for money.
- Create an attractive employer brand that enables us to recruit and retain a highly capable workforce.
Fow Strategy Final (1) (PDF 3.18 MB)
mTitle: Fow Strategy Final (1)
mSize: 3.18 MB