Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.

Living elsewhere to provide care

This exemption applies when the property has been left unoccupied because the council tax payer has gone to provide care for someone else. The carer does not have to live in the same property as the person being cared for. They must be better able to provide that care from their new home.

There is no time limit on this exemption. It does not apply for any period that someone is living in the property.

Apply online