D58-2984 - Heol Gaer, Dyffryn Cellwen & A4109 to A4221 Link Road, Onllwyn
(30mph Speed Limit) Order 2023
Statement of Reason
The Order is necessary to maintain the existing speed limit of 30mph on selected strategic roads within the borough after the Welsh Government has passed legislation to implement a 20mph default speed limit in urban areas nationally throughout Wales in the interest of road safety.
The Council as Local Highway Authority considers that this road is a strategic route with higher volumes of daily traffic compared to urban residential streets and as such does not meet the criteria or the nature of a road with a speed limit of 20 mph.
The Council considers that the existing 30 mph speed limit is an appropriate speed limit in order to maintain a reasonable traffic flow on higher traffic volume strategic routes.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in pursuance of its powers as contained in Section 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 intends to make a Speed Restriction Order the general effect of which is set out in the Schedule below.
A copy of the draft Notice, plan and statement of reasons can be inspected on the Council’s Internet Website
Any objections should be submitted in writing, setting out the reasons thereof, to reach the Head of Engineering and Transport, The Quays, Baglan Energy Park SA11 2GG by the 10th February 2023.
If you have any further enquiries regarding this notice please send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule 1 - Proposed 30mph Speed Limit
1.1 Heol Gaer, Dyffryn Cellwen, Neath
- From a point approximately 92 metres west of its junction with A4109 to A4221 Link Road for a distance of approximately 225 metres in an easterly then south easterly direction.
1.2 A4109 to A4221 Link Road, Onllwyn, Neath
- From its Junction with Heol Gaer for a distance of approximately 60 metres in a north easterly direction.
DATED 20th JANUARY 2023
M C GRIFFITHS
HEAD OF LEGAL & DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
The Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in exercise of its powers under Section 84 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as the Act of 1984) and of all other powers it enabling and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act of 1984 hereby makes the following order:-
- This Order shall come into operation on the day of 2023 and may be cited as the “Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (Heol Gaer, Dyffryn Cellwen and A4109 to A4221 Link Road, Onllwyn) (30mph Speed Limit) Order 2023.
- (i) Except where otherwise stated, any reference in this Order to a numbered article or schedule is a reference to the article or schedule bearing that number in this Order.
(ii) The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
- No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to be driven at a speed in excess of 30 miles per hour on the length of road specified in the Schedule of this Order.
D58-2984 - Heol Gaer, Dyffryn Cellwen A4109 to A4221 Link Road, Onllwyn (JPG 1.18 MB)
mTitle: D58-2984 - Heol Gaer, Dyffryn Cellwen A4109 to A4221 Link Road, Onllwyn
mSize: 1.18 MB