Valleys & Villages Prosperity Fund
Maximum grant award
Up to 70% of costs, not exceeding £250,000 (excluding potential Strategic Acquisitions)
Aim of the fund
The aim of the Valleys & Villages Prosperity Fund is to support projects in Neath Port Talbot’s rural communities that address local need. The Fund will support projects that create sustainable growth in our rural communities and enhance our valleys and villages areas as places to live, visit and work.
Projects will need to address the priorities of:
- job creation
- health and well-being
- pride of place
- economic growth
The Fund will focus on the following themes, which have been identified as a priority in the regional Investment Plan
- Capital funding for improvements to town centres and high streets, including better accessibility for disabled people.
- Capital funding for new, or improvements to existing community and neighbourhood infrastructure projects including those that increase communities’ resilience to natural hazards, such as flooding, and investment in locally owned renewable energy generation and waste management to improve the transition to low carbon living.
- Creation of and improvements to local green spaces, community gardens, watercourses and embankments, along with incorporating natural features and biodiversity improvements into wider public space.
- Support for active travel enhancement and other small-scale green transport infrastructure projects, having regard to the Wales Transport Strategy.
- Funding for local sports facilities, tournaments, teams and leagues; to bring people together.
- Investment in capacity building and infrastructure support for local civil society and community groups.
- Investment and support for digital infrastructure for local community facilities.
The following are examples of the type of eligible activities that may be considered for funding:
- Commercial Property Grants
- Residential Units (Conversion from commercial)
- Green Infrastructure & Biodiversity
- Public realm
- Strategic Acquisitions
- Town Centre Markets
- Shop Frontage Schemes
- Digital Towns
- Active Travel
- Leisure & Recreational facilities
To discuss your proposed project and request an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Round 1 closing date to be confirmed