Heritage, Culture, Tourism & Events Fund
Heritage, Culture and Tourism Strategic Interventions
Offering up to 100% capital funding to public sector partners to deliver priority capital projects between £150,001 (minimum) and £250,000 (maximum).
Heritage, Culture and Tourism Small Scale Interventions
Offering up to 100% capital and/or revenue funding to public and third sector constituted groups between £5,000 (minimum) and 150,000 (maximum).
Heritage & Cultural Events
Revenue funding offering between 45% (private sector) and 100% (public & voluntary sector) of eligible expenditure between £5,000 minimum and £10,000 (maximum) relating to marketing, equipment and community participation at community and strategically important events within the county.
Aim of the fund
The aim of the Heritage, Culture, Tourism & Events Fund for public, private and voluntary sector partners to deliver priority heritage, culture and tourism projects and initiatives across Neath Port Talbot as identified in the Neath Port Talbot Council Corporate Plan.
It is recognised that large and small-scale events have a key role to play in enabling residents and visitors to come into contact with Neath Port Talbot’s distinct culture and heritage and play a key role in attracting visitors to the area. Therefore the Fund will also be accessible to event organisers in the public, private and voluntary sectors for events which align with the Neath Port Talbot place brand.
The Fund will focus on the following priorities;
- Restoration, conservation and acquisition of listed and historically important structures within the county. Widening access and accessibility of locations, attractions and structures which enable residents and visitors to interact with the heritage and culture of Neath Port Talbot.
- Enhancing and interpreting sites, trails and attractions of heritage and cultural interest to develop the understanding and appeal of the location/ site/ structure among residents and visitors. (All interpretation must be developed bilingually).
- Supporting volunteer, third sector and public organisations to strengthen participation in heritage and cultural activities in addition to initiatives to secure the future resilience of volunteer led organisation within the heritage and culture sectors.
- Supporting the delivery of infrastructure improvements on the ground which will strengthen the overall appeal of Neath Port Talbot as a sustainable visitor destination and encourage additional overnight stays within the area.
- Marketing activities which widen awareness of the heritage, culture and natural environment of Neath Port Talbot to local residents. Proposals must be for specific sites, locations or product only and should not relate to overarching destination marketing activities. All sites promoted must be accessible to the public.
- Undertaking feasibility studies to establish the business case for delivering specific investments or initiatives link to heritage, culture, tourism and events within the county.
- Creating a wide ranging portfolio of large and small scale events and festivals which highlight the importance of, and support the future growth of, local heritage, culture and environmental understanding within Neath Port Talbot and encourage overnight stays within the county.
To discuss your proposed project and request an application form please email email@example.com
The funding panel will meet monthly, the project team will be able to advise on relevant deadlines.