Highway Works fees and Charges

As part of any new development for following fees and charges will apply.

Fees·               

A minimum fee of £1,200 is charged to approve a set of drawings for sites, where the bond value is greater than £15,000.

A minimum fee of £600 is charged to approve a set of drawings for sites, where the value of the bond figure is up to a value of £15,000.

A minimum fee of £300 is charged to approve a set of drawings for sites, where the value of the bond figure is up to a value of £7,000

A charge of on cost for inspection fees for each month the sites are continued to be inspected beyond the time limit within the legal agreement and will be invoiced accordingly.

Section 38

A minimum fee of £1,125 is charged for inspecting works with a value of up to £15,000.

Where works have a value greater than £15,000 a fee of 7.5% is requested for any Section 38or 228 agreement under the Highways Act 1980 or any other agreement for the adoption of a road.

Section 38/278 or 278

A minimum fee of £1,125 is charged for inspecting works with a value of up to £15,000.

Where works have a value greater than £15,000 a fee of 10% is requested for any Section 38/278  or 278 agreement under the Highways Act 1980.

 

£1,000 be requested to allow the connection of the surface water runoff from roof and yard to an existing highway drainage system for:-

i) each individual property

ii) per 100m2 of roof and yard from commercial/industrial sites.

Bond

This is based on 100% of the current cost to the Authority having to undertake the works itself to ensure the works under the legal agreement can be completed at no additional cost to the Authority.

The following information gives a break down of how much and when the bond figure can be reduced:

Section 38 Agreement

  • S38
    Issuing Part 1 50% leaving 50% of total bond
    issuing Part 2 30% leaving 20% of total bond
    Final Certification 20% leaving 0% of total bond
  • S38/278 or S278 
    Issuing Completion Certificate 80% leaving a total of 20%
    Issuing Final Certificate 20% leaving a total of 0%
     

Advanced Payment Codes

This is based on 100% of the current cost to the Authority having to undertake the works itself to ensure the works under the legal agreement can be completed at no additional cost to the Authority.

Commuted Sums

Commuted sums have been required to cover the maintenance of such items as highway structures, traffic signals, signalised pedestrian crossings and drainage assets. Other items are now included, such as enlarged areas of highway at road junctions or a shared surface area, for m,aterials used outside the usual Specification, for heritage lighting systems, for any sustainable drainage systems to be adopted by the Highway Authority and flood risk management measures. These will be calculated using the CSS formula for commuted sums.