The Reablement Team delivers a programme of assessment and therapy to enable people, as far as possible, to regain their skills and independence together with providing an appropriate level of support with day to day needs.
The service is available to adults who normally live independently at home, but who might, for a variety of reasons, have lost physical ability or confidence in carrying out their day to day living tasks.
Reablement can help people to:
- improve their quality of life
- keep or regain skills for daily living
- regain or increase their confidence
- increase their choices around daily living
- continue to live in their home
- need less ongoing care and support.
There is a common access point for people needing support from the service. This is called the NPT Gateway.