Y Lolfa (Gwaun Cae Gurwen)
For more information about our current services visit our new web page
Welcome to GCG Community Library, we currently have online zoom sessions for all age groups of children (check in, quizzes activities & book chat).
We have weekly Welsh Learner Chat, Weekly French Lesson Fun & Monthly Adult Book sessions all on Zoom video chat. We are behind the scenes working on planning what services we can offer in the near future.
Your nearest NPT library is Pontardawe which is offering a call and collect book service. Check in on our Facebook page for latest information or to message us directly. Although our phone line is open.
This is a community managed library.
Currently we are only open offering our order and collect service: Wednesday 10-12 and Saturday 10-12
||10.00 - 12.00
Facilities (Please check with your local library before visiting what services they currently offer)
- Fiction and non-fiction collection for Adults, Young Adults Teens and Children
- Children's area
- Y Lolfa range of own label books with latest titles for children
- A wide range of nearly new books for sale from 50p
- Free wifi & Free Computer use, Scanning, Photocopying, Printing, IT help (pre-arranged) & provision of recycling bags & NPT Planning documents.
- Free access to Ancestry UK & other reference tools, Ezines & other NPT Library services
- Library membership giving you access e-audio books & e-books including BorrowBox – online books from anywhere on smart phones tablets and computers
- Workways+ weekly Tuesdays & Fridays outreach session (help for unemployed)
- Children & Adults book clubs (10 at the moment!) in English & Welsh
- Burns By Your Side Listening Dog bookable weekly sessions to aid reader confidence
- Weekly groups: Friday coffee chat and Arts&Crafts, Caffi Cymraeg Welsh Learning chat; Fun with French taught group for adults and inviting younger members for a new group.
- Monthly teaching lead clubs - Creative Writing, Ancestry/Family History (please enquire), Local History.
- Seasonal special Flower Arranging & Author / Expert Talks & Menteriaith Activities promoting the Welsh Language
- Holiday Activities eg Story Workshops & Song & Rhyme in conjunction with Neath Port Talbot Libraries eg Halloween, Easter and Activities through the Summer Reading Challenge.
- Friday morning Hub with Amman Valley Food Bank, Hwyl Wellbeing services & Neath One stop shop Domestic abuse support … Carer Support NPT, Parenting from Flying Start & Song Rhyme sessions planned for future.
- Christmas, Spring & Summer Fundraising Days and Christmas Craft Fairs including Santa.
- Second Hand Book Sales