Y Lolfa (Gwaun Cae Gurwen)
Welcome to GCG Community Library, we are run by volunteers and are open subject to staff availability & current Covid restrictions. We are continually having new stock from NPT libraries so do call in and see us!
We are setting up new book clubs for children of all ages - so get in touch for fun, quizzes and chats in 2022! We have weekly Welsh Learner Chat on zoom, Weekly French Lesson Fun & Monthly virtual Adult Book Zoom video & an ongoing supportive welcoming messenger group chat.
Check in on our Facebook page for latest information or to message us directly. For more information about our current services visit our new web page
This is a community managed library & the community mean the world to us - call in and say hello!!
|Monday||14.30 - 16.30|
|Tuesday||10.00 - 12.00|
|Wednesday||10.00 - 16.30|
|Friday||10.30 - 12.30|
|Saturday||10.00 - 12.00|
- Fiction and non-fiction collection for adults, young adults, teens and children
- Large children's area - fiction and non fiction. and a toddlers “Book Train”!
- Y Lolfa range of own label books with latest titles for children
- A wide range of nearly new books for sale from 50p
- Scanning, photocopying and printing, (pre-arranged)
- NPT Planning documents
- Free access to Ancestry UK & other reference tools, Ezines & other NPT Library services, with your own devices.
- Library membership giving you access e-audio books & e-books including BorrowBox – online books from anywhere on smartphones, tablets and computers
- Workways+ : we can put you in touch to arrange a meeting.
- Children & adults book clubs in English & Welsh
- Burns By Your Side Listening Dog - bookable weekly sessions to aid reader confidence - coming soon in 2022
- Weekly groups: Caffi Cymraeg - Welsh Learning chat on zoom; Fun with French - taught group for adults and inviting younger members for a new group.
- (Monthly teaching lead clubs - Creative Writing, Ancestry/Family History (please enquire), Local History - hope to return)
- Seasonal special Flower Arranging & Author / Expert Talks & Menter Iaith Activities promoting the Welsh Language
- Holiday Activities eg Story Workshops & Song & Rhyme in conjunction with Neath Port Talbot Libraries eg Halloween, Easter and Activities through the Summer Reading Challenge.
- (Friday morning Hub with Amman Valley Food Bank, Hwyl Wellbeing services & Neath One stop shop Domestic abuse support … Carer Support NPT, Parenting from Flying Start & Song Rhyme sessions planned for future - hope to return soon in 2022)
- Christmas, Spring & Summer Fundraising Days and Christmas Craft Fairs including Santa.
- Second Hand Book Sales