Skip Navigation

This is a new website – your feedback will help us improve it.

Single Person Discount

If you are the only adult (aged 18 or over) living in your home, you can claim a single person discount of 25%. This discount is awarded on your main home and not on second homes.


If someone has moved out, their forwarding address and date they moved out. You will not be entitled to a discount if someone has left your home for a short period of time, or intends to return in the future.

How to apply?

To apply for Single person discount please apply online:

Apply online


If you are granted a discount, you must tell the Council Tax section if your circumstances change and you no longer qualify for it.