To qualify as a full time student you must be:
- Undertaking a full time course of education at a prescribed educational establishment (such as a college or university).
- The course must last for 24 weeks per academic year.
- The course must require 21 hours per week of studying (this includes periods of study, tuition or work experience)
Please note - where a course includes periods of work experience, the hours of study and tuition must exceed the hours of work experience. This excludes classroom based courses.
You can also qualify as a student if you are:
- Under 20 studying for a qualifying course of education, which is not higher education (eg A-levels).
- A student nurse
- Appointed as a foreign language assistant at a school or college in Great Britain and registered with the Central Bureau for Educational Visits and Exchanges.
- Undertaking a correspondence course eg in Open University. (To qualify, 120 points of study is equivalent to a full academic year and this must be certificated by the University).
Confirmation of the number of adults resident in the property together with a student certificate or a letter (on headed paper) from the school or college confirming the studies. This must confirm:
- The student's name
- Date of birth
- Name and level of the course
- Start and end date of the course
- Hours of study required (or number of credits for a correspondence course)
How much discount?
We may offer:
- a 25% discount if all but one of the adults living at the property are students
- a 100% exemption if the property is occupied solely by students.
How to apply?