Skip Navigation

Your feedback will help us improve this website.

Crown Servants

You can register as a Crown Servant or British Council Employee if you are not a member of the armed forces but you are employed in the service of the Crown or British Council in a post outside the UK. A spouse living abroad with an employee of the Crown or British Council may also register in this way. This type of declaration to be registered must be renewed annually in order to continue to qualify.

This category of elector may either appoint a proxy or choose to vote themselves by post. If a postal vote is chosen, please remember to take into account the length of time it may take for post to travel in either direction to and from an overseas address.

If you would like to apply to register in this way, please contact our Electoral Services team who will be happy to help.